What cases “Падежи” we use after the preposition “по”
Hello! We normally use the Dative case with the preposition "по": "экзамен по русскому языку", "идти по улице". However, there are some cases when this preposition is used with the Accusative case in the meaning "give somebody a concrete amount of something" or if somebody receives it; "Дать детям по четыре конфеты", "Они получили по два подарка каждый".
More questions like this one
- Russian prepositions от and из
- The verbs быть and стать with the Instrumental case
- Russian verbs with cases: best resources
- The Expression “по квартире ищите”
- How to know if we should use “за” or “для”?
- Russian Verbs with Cases
- Verbs with Cases
- Instrumental Case
- Russian cases: best resources
- To describe what a person is wearing, the prepositional or accusative case is used?