Translation of “прескверный”
Yes, we use prefixes to create new word meanings. For example, the prefix пере, used with verbs, can mean "too much" or "to cross". As you can see, the same prefix can have different meanings.
In the case of the prefix пре, used with adjectives, it means "very". It is quite bookish though. Yes, прескверный is очень скверный (very bad).
More questions like this one
- “I’ll keep my fingers crossed” in Russian
- “Shall have been” in Russian
- How to translate into Russian
- How to say “to download” in Russian
- How to translate: “Only the best parents get promoted to grandparents” in Russian
- Russian Instrumental Case
- Translation of “Irkoe” and “Manjoeka”
- Russian Translation of “Life Everywhere is Life”
- The Translation of “Speaking Spanish”
- Translation of “есть”, used by soldiers