Translation of “прескверный”
Yes, we use prefixes to create new word meanings. For example, the prefix пере, used with verbs, can mean "too much" or "to cross". As you can see, the same prefix can have different meanings.
In the case of the prefix пре, used with adjectives, it means "very". It is quite bookish though. Yes, прескверный is очень скверный (very bad).
More questions like this one
- “I’ll keep my fingers crossed” in Russian
- The verb “говорить”
- Russian abbreviation ЭВМ
- Translation of “есть”, used by soldiers
- The meaning of где-то
- Russian Instrumental Case
- Translation of a Russian phrase
- The Russian noun человек
- How to say “to download” in Russian
- How to translate into Russian “I don’t understand the content of the film”