The Translation of “I was recently surprised by this simple thought”
The verb удивиться is followed by the Dative case, удивиться чему? I think the fact that confuses you is that in English the construction is "to be surprised by", so you think it is a passive construction in Russian, followed by the Instrumental case.
Я удивился его поведению. I was surprised by his behaviour.
More questions like this one
- “Shall have been” in Russian
- The Russian noun человек
- “I love you” in Russian
- The verb “говорить”
- Спасибо дорогой said to a female
- How to say “to download” in Russian
- The Translation of “Speaking Spanish”
- Russian language menu
- Russian Translation of “Life Everywhere is Life”
- How to translate into Russian