The Translation of “I was recently surprised by this simple thought”
The verb удивиться is followed by the Dative case, удивиться чему? I think the fact that confuses you is that in English the construction is "to be surprised by", so you think it is a passive construction in Russian, followed by the Instrumental case.
Я удивился его поведению. I was surprised by his behaviour.
More questions like this one
- How to translate into Russian
- Russian Instrumental Case
- Russian Translation of “Life Everywhere is Life”
- “Shall have been” in Russian
- Translation of “Irkoe” and “Manjoeka”
- The Translation of “Speaking Spanish”
- “I’ll keep my fingers crossed” in Russian
- How to translate into Russian “I don’t understand the content of the film”
- Translation of “работница Англии”
- Translation of “есть”, used by soldiers