The Translation of “I was recently surprised by this simple thought”
The verb удивиться is followed by the Dative case, удивиться чему? I think the fact that confuses you is that in English the construction is "to be surprised by", so you think it is a passive construction in Russian, followed by the Instrumental case.
Я удивился его поведению. I was surprised by his behaviour.
More questions like this one
- How to translate into Russian “I don’t understand the content of the film”
- Russian Translation of “Life Everywhere is Life”
- Russian verb “to teach”
- “I will win” in Russian
- “Shall have been” in Russian
- Translation of “есть”, used by soldiers
- Translation of a Russian phrase
- The verb “говорить”
- Russian abbreviation ЭВМ
- How to translate into Russian