The Translation of “I was recently surprised by this simple thought”
The verb удивиться is followed by the Dative case, удивиться чему? I think the fact that confuses you is that in English the construction is "to be surprised by", so you think it is a passive construction in Russian, followed by the Instrumental case.
Я удивился его поведению. I was surprised by his behaviour.
More questions like this one
- Translation of “есть”, used by soldiers
- Russian Instrumental Case
- “I will win” in Russian
- How to say “to download” in Russian
- Translation of “работница Англии”
- The Russian noun человек
- “I love you” in Russian
- The verb “говорить”
- How to translate: “Only the best parents get promoted to grandparents” in Russian
- How to translate into Russian