Russian Instrumental Case
Russian verbs, adjectives, participles and nouns can be used with different cases. The short participle озабочен (озабочена, озабочены) are always used with nouns and adjectives Instrumental case.
Отец был озабочен результатами экзаменов. Father was worried about the results of the exam.
Матери is the Genitive case because your phrase can be translated (literally) as "She was worried about leaving of her mother". All the expressions used with the preposition "of" in the English language in the sense of possession are used with the Genitive case in Russian.
More questions like this one
- Instrumental Case
- Russian translation of “вместо батареек”
- Russian cases: best resources
- To describe what a person is wearing, the prepositional or accusative case is used?
- Verbs with Cases
- Russian Verbs with Cases
- What cases “Падежи” we use after the preposition “по”
- Russian Declension
- Case with the Preposition за
- Russian cases, how to recognize them