Do all the Russians understand each other?
Thank you in advance for the answer.
Hi! In fact, Russia is a big country, but we all understand each other very well. The differences that exist are normally on lexical level, there are some words and phrases that are different in some places in Russia. For example, in Moscow we say "гречка" and in Saint-Petersburg they say "греча", etc. However, these differences are not significant. We don't have any important grammatical differences between regions. There are some regions where the pronunciation is different, for example, in the North or in the South of Russia or in the Urals, but it is still understandable.
More questions like this one
- The verb тащить
- Russian verb “to ask”
- Difference between “оба” and “и то, и другое”
- Meanings of “любит”
- Difference between the prepositions за, от, с
- Translation of the Russian noun лечение
- Difference between куда and где
- Difference between пойти and прийти
- “В 90-е годы” and “в 90-х годах”
- Difference between “на”, “для” и “за”.